Below you will find all the latest announcements concerning the League
As those at last nights the AGM will be aware myself (Steve Roberts) and Steve Timlin have resigned as Secretary and Treasurer but are happy to oversee the handing over to the next people so the league can continue to run as normal. 22 teams entered the league last night and the league is still set to start the new season on September 12th. Jordan Phillips who currently plays for the White Rose put his name forward for Secretary and was unopposed at the AGM by the league delegates and is happy to take the league forward, however a treasurer would still be required anybody wishing to take this role please contact myself or Steve Timlin and we can start to make arrangements for things to be transferred.
Teams registered for the 2016/17 season:
Bull & Fairhouse
Fox 'n' Grapes
Goose & Cowslip
Shoulder of Mutton
Myself and Steve Roberts have worked very hard this season to gain a good relationship with Mark Berry the Wakefield Express Sports Editor,
so the results will get published weekly in the paper, but we can not send all the results in to the paper if the Home Captain's of the team's don't work with us by sending us there results in ASAP the deadline for results to be emailed/Text'd/phoned in is
12pm the following Wednesday
to ensure that we can email Mark Berry in time to have them published, if there is missing results by this time, then those results will not be publish in the Fridays edition of the Wakefield Express
So Please work with us so we can keep our good relationship with Mark Berry and have the results published, its not hard to send a text with the result to Dominic Busby
Changes brought forward and passed at the AGM which was held on 30th July 2014
1. Dominoes venues for Doms pairs to be reduced to 4 venues rather than eight.
2. When called to play a match and both players present at the board only 4 throws to the board in practice(12 darts) from each player to avoid players practicing for ages.
3. One venue for darts singles competition and the draw to be made on the night. Pairs to stay as it is.
4. £200 club prizes to be altered to 3 prizes of £50
5. League finances were produced at the meeting and bank statements brought in.
Next League Meeting will be held at
Graziers, 8:30pm 7th September 2016
£15, 200 Club Due